Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kaylee's 1st day of school

Our first day went GREAT!!! We stared with Bible, then Math, Phonics, Ballet, then read some children's classics. It was simple and fun! Kaylee was soooo happy!

My Kindergartner! She's getting soooo big!
Benny REALLY wanted to be right in the mix which proved to be a little distracting and challenging at times, for me, but I'm sure I will figure out how to include him and not make him feel left out. He is obviously still too young to do what Kaylee is doing so when he said "I do math, I do math!!!" full of excitement I gave him some counting cards. He liked "doing math" with sissy!


Kaylee really enjoyed math. She said that was one of her favorite parts of the day!



When I didn't have anything for Ben to do I told him he needed to play with his trains. He wanted Sissy to play with him and was sad when she couldn't. He quickly found a solution... sitting right at her feet. Sweet brother.
Phonics and trains, side by side.

Off to ballet. I think Kaylee wanted to keep schooling but Benny was more than done with the separation and was very happy to get his Sissy back.


Kaylee did really well. She understood most of everything. She was very attentive and almost in awe the whole time. Most likely because she has never really seen Mommy kick in to Teacher mode. I was surprised myself at how teacher-ish I became. Happy of course but it was different for me. Writing on a white board, explaining concepts... teaching. I was doing it and was enjoying it! It was fun! I actually was sick that day, and progressively got worse which complicated and changed our schooling plans for the week but we accomplished day 1! Yay for homeschooling!

0 comments: