Saturday, September 12, 2009

Homeschooling Preparation

These last few weeks of summer have been full of planning and preparing to start homeschooling Kaylee for her Kindergarten year! It has been very fun! Along with choosing and purchasing curriculum came organizing every nook and cranny of our small home to make it orderly and sufficient for a "school" setting. I started in the kid's rooms taking out all school and craft supplies and laying it all out in front of me. So I spent several hours organizing their closet. Next I moved onto our linen closet, cleared that out to make room for all the school supplies. Onto the cupboards in the bathrooms to make space for all of the linens. After sorting through everything and getting rid of much, we have come down to this and I am very happy! I love, love, love order! It feels soooo good!



Viola! School is about to begin!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I love order too, but I don't know how to set it up. You've got some awesome organizing skills!!!

Monique said...

I did a lot on my own but did have a brain freeze at some point and had a friend of mine who is so orderly come over for about 45 min to help get me jump started again. Basically I look at what I have, look at the space I have and then start tossing away many many items from least important. Its amazing how hard it is to get rid of your own stuff but honestly I don't miss ANYTHING that I've gotten rid of. Just throw it OUT!!! Really helps to get rid of stuff, sometimes I need a friend to help with that. Hehe!