My husband is so good looking that he stopped traffic this morning! Here is the story...
We wake up to get ready for our day ahead of us this morning. The morning was to be the busiest part of our day with Darrin leaving for work around 6:45am, Papa and Grandma getting on the road to head back to AZ about 7:30am and Benny doctor's appointment at 8:30am. All was going smoothly. Just before Darrin headed out the door he realized his cell phone wouldn't power on as we forgot to charge it last night. Typically he would just head to work without it but this time I gave him my business cell phone. I sent him on his way, then promptly jumped in the shower just before 7am which is the time the kids come out of their bedroom. Grandma was going to take care of the kids when they first woke up for me since I was going to be in the shower.
Halfway through my shower there is a knock at the bathroom door. I could tell by the knock that it was Grandma which made me think it was fairly important. I called for her to open the door and she proceeds to say, "Darrin just called, his car stopped in the middle of the freeway. He says he is down by Los Alisos" She was very calm about it. I was not... though I was glad he had only gone a couple of miles from home. I hurried out of the shower and by this time the kid's were out of their beds wanting my attention but I was focused on getting dressed and out the door. I had assumed he was off to the side of the road since Grandma was so calm but I decided to ask her where he was as I would be driving to go get him. "Is he on the side of the freeway?" I said. "No, no it sounded like he was stopped right in the middle of the freeway," she said. I took a quick glance out the window to see if it was raining and it sure was which worried me a little since the cars behind him would most likely have a hard time seeing him stopped in the middle of the freeway. So I started to move quicker. Kaylee was helping me get shoes and the like. Grandma was in the shower getting herself ready for her long drive home and Benny was starting to cry and fuss. Then just as I was going to leave, Kaylee started crying too. So now I have a stranded husband on the wet, rainy freeway, two crying kids, one hysterical laying on the floor, Grandma in the shower and poor Papa trying to calm kids down from our recliner. I decided it would be better to get to Darrin then help crying kid's as I knew Grandma was just about out of the shower. Shut the door and off to rescue my husband.
Get on the toll road and call Darrin on my work phone. He said he was just by the Los Alisos on ramp. I found him standing on the side of the freeway with his car between the on ramp and the freeway traffic. I was so glad to see that he wasn't in the car. Once he got in the car he said the cell phone I gave to him was just about out of battery. So he used the one I had to call AAA. We waited for AAA for about 25 min.
Just before they got there a highway patrol car came up beside us and we told him what was going on. He told Darrin to get back in his car and he would push Darrin's car with his car over to the side of the freeway. Meanwhile another highway patrol slowed down traffic to a complete stop (hence my first sentence of this post) so that they could get his car moved. The tow truck driver came and towed his car to a near by car shop and then we went home.
Grandma and Papa didn't get on their way until about 10am which was about 3 hrs later then they wanted but they were so glad to be here and help us out.
There is much more that happened in our morning all before 7:15am (toilet overflowing, no soy milk for kid's, a wet bed, etc.) but this was worth blogging about. Through it all we were actually able to laugh. It was quite crazy but at each and every obstacle we were able to clearly see the Lord helping and protecting us. Some of the things the Lord did that we are thankful for were...
- Darrin was driving in the right hand lane just before his car stopped running
- He was very close to home
- Giving Darrin a cell phone with just enough battery to call home with
- Keeping it from raining really hard during that time
- Papa and Grandma originally were going to drive home on Sunday but ended up staying through until Monday morning
- The highway patrol helping us out
- When the highway patrol car pushed Darrin's car out of the road he didn't mark up Darrin's freshly painted and newly repaired bumper
- Grandma was able to get the kids feeling better, take great care of the kid's, make breakfast and clean up our house in the meantime
- Darrin's boss gave him the rest of the day off!
We are so thankful and so blessed!
Hope you day is full of God's great blessings and His perfect care!



3 comments:
What an entry girl! Truly, many blessings in the midst of your trying morning. So glad you could see the Lord's hand in it all. Hope you had a good visit and hopefully we can visit soon! We miss you all and love you and PLEASE give the kids hugs and kisses (especially the birthday boy)! :) Deanna
Crazy, insane! Isn't God amazing?
You are so right...Thank GOD!! His hand is in all things! You guys are blessed people!
Post a Comment