Friday, February 13, 2009

Bus Trip

I don't know where these two pictures of the kids came from but I thought they were cute so I had to post them!

Kaylee's fro

Benny's cheesy smile


... on with my post. On Monday was the car drama so on Tuesday we were without a car. Kaylee lives and breaths for Tuesdays as it is ballet day. She didn't want to miss it so we took the bus. It was a pretty big deal as I haven't really taken buses that often and tend to not know where to get on and off. Benny loves buses so I knew he would love it. Kaylee just really wanted to get to ballet and didn't care how we got there... we just needed to get there.


On her way to the bus stop. This was a snippet of our conversation...
Kaylee "Does the bus have car seats for me and Boo?"
Me "No sweety, you don't need a car seat for the bus."
Kaylee "but the bus goes fast and we need car seats! I'm scared mommy!"
Me "Sweety the bus doesn't go too fast because it is big and it has to make a lot of stops to pick people up. I will hold onto you so you will be safe with me."
Kaylee "okay Mommy."
Very excited for the bus now.




Benny brought his bus along.

Still working on my camera. Cute kid's though!

Our view from the bus stop.
This sign tells me that I'm at the right bus stop! Yeah! I did step 1 correctly!

Looking for the bus.


Here it comes!
On our way to ballet. The bus was very clean and the people were friendly. There was lots of things to learn about the bus.


We made it! The bus dropped us off feet away from Kaylee's ballet studio! Step 2 accomplished... getting off at the right stop!

Thoroughly enjoying her ballet class!


Now we are waiting for the next bus to pick us up and take us home!

Enjoying a little snack while patiently waiting. Several of the mom's from the ballet class saw us waiting at the bus stop. One of them passed by then made a u-turn and came back to see if we wanted a ride. That was sweet but when I asked Kaylee if she wanted to ride in this ladies car or the bus Kaylee says with a big grin "the bus!" So we passed up on the ride for the bus! Haha!

Step 3 accomplished... got on the right bus for our ride home! Benny was so relaxed and almost fell asleep on me. As a matter of fact I wanted to take a nap too! Kaylee loved looking all around. She kept pointing out all of the sights she is familiar with like my work or our bank or the lake or the grocery store. I was impressed with her ability to recognize everything from different angles!

She was able to pull the cord to alert the bus driver to stop at the next stop. She was very proud of herself! Step 4 accoplished got off at the right stop and made it home!

0 comments: