Monday, August 4, 2008

Chicken pox?

So how do you know for sure if your kids have chicken pox? I know... go to the doctor but it is a virus right? So the doctor will tell me to wait it out anyway. I'll try to get a good picture tomorrow and post it here. Benny has two red, raised, blister like spots on his arm just above his elbow, one on his abdomen and two little red flat, not raised spots on his face and foot. Kaylee has one just above her elbow. No fever's or other symptoms yet. Kaylee says it doesn't itch but she only has one and has been vaccinated already (as I understand, the vaccine only provides about 70% immunity) but Benjamin hasn't. Story to be continued...

3 comments:

Nyla said...

OOH i hope they don't have chicken pox! I am anxiously waiting to hear more.

Bre said...

Oh no! Have you been around anyone that has or had the chicken pox recently?

Monique said...

Not that I'm aware of. We do go to the beach club often and were there on Thursday. The kids always play with other kids toys so maybe that is where or maybe the grocery cart hopefully you've had Gracie vaccinated then again Kaylee has been vaccinated already.