We took advantage of Papa and Grandma while there were here and celebrated our anniversary in Laguna Beach. This was a big deal for us as we have never left our kid's over night before. It was such an enjoyable time and we are so thankful to Grandma for all of her hard work.
We left home about nine and found great parking. Here is the first of many pictures we took, parking lot pictures are very romantic huh! We felt like we were on our honeymoon so we took tons of silly and gitty pictures.
We walked around for a while going in every shop we couldn't venture into with a 4 and 2 yr old. It was so fun browsing. Then we of coarse hit up Starbucks.
We talked and laughed A LOT!


We ate yummy breakfast burritos that morning...
on the boardwalk in Main Beach
then we walked, talked and laughed a mile or two down the ocean.

Enjoyed the scenery...

and took silly, "in love" pictures.
Stopped for a rest at Splashes,
Then checked into our hotel Casa Laguna.
Here I set up some presents I had gotten for Darrin.

A picture of the view from our room
We went swimming in the pool and soaked in the hot tub then got all ready for a yummy dinner.
We ate at French 75. I grew up eating my grandmother's french food which I've been missing lately so this was a special treat for me. Notice I'm wearing my other special surprise...
a beautiful necklace that Darrin gave me. It is the first piece of jewelery he has bought me since our wedding rings. You can't really see it in the picture but it is so pretty. He picked it out all by himself and knocked my socks off! I was so impressed and felt so loved. It has diamonds and white topaz. Just beautiful.
A view of the pool taken the next day.

Our entrance to our room

More of Casa Laguna. We were served a delicious gourmet breakfast in the morning. We sat outside in the beautiful courtyard while we ate. It was very quiet and peaceful. You could hear the ocean waves and soft music playing. Very romantic and I highly recommend this place.

We headed out for some more shop browsing, ate a yummy snack at C'est La Vie another French restaurant and then hit the beach. We concluded our 2nd honeymoon by joining the family and eating Pedro's tacos.
Thank you Darrin for marrying me, growing with me, loving me, serving me, leading me and the many other amazing things you do for our family. I had a great time with you this anniversary, loved everything you planned for us and I will cherish the memories that we made. I love you!



6 comments:
Monique! WOW! It looks like you had a wonderful anniversary! Congrats! Love the pink dress and the black one! We love French 75 too! We have not stayed at that hotel...but now I want to! Looks so beautiful! Happy Anniversary!
You look great Monique, love the bangs!! Miss you guys a ton!
Skinny, happy, tan and now I hear you guys are in love too! This is too much. Thanks for all the pictures. Danny
Congrats guys on your anniversary! It looked like such an awesome getaway and renewal of your love for one another!
What a lovely anniversary!! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys yesterday!!
I love this post! The pictures are soo fun! You guys are too cute taking your 'silly in love' pictures.. I want to stay at this place now!
Post a Comment