Just a simple little post here. I've been really convicted lately as I'm reading a great book about seeking pleasure in God. I realize where I fall so short in my joy and love for Him which explains why I fall so short in joyfully serving my husband and my kid's. I am so thankful our Lord loves them perfectly and is so delighted with them!
After talking with a friend last week, we both have been thinking about delighting in our children. In the hustle and bustle of life I tend to forget that these little one's are a blessing to me. Instead when I have a wrong perspective of myself and God, I tend to view them as just these little obstacles in my way of attaining my joy. I'm learning that as I seek pleasure in God while serving my kid's and ultimately serving our Lord, my joy will be made full and overflow. It is when I'm all about my own business, agenda's and desires that I take my eye's off of Christ and put them on myself and then get frustrated when I don't get my way. I need to seek Him first, find joy in Him alone and He will fill my cup! My cup will overflow with joy, love and gratitude towards Him and others... especially to my husband and children. As I seek my God for pleasure, I am striving to serve with joy and love, thanks be to Christ my savior who forgives me and blesses me! Can't wait to get to heaven!



1 comments:
What a great post - reminding us all why we are here and what life is really about! Thanks Monique!
Post a Comment