Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Men's Retreat 2008

Darrin went away all by himself for the first time since we have been married! WOW! He enjoyed a weekend camping with some men from church up by Mammoth.

Here he is so excited to pack up his back pack after not using it for 8 years!
They arrived safely at the campsite. They did some fishing, hiking and other camping things.
Here are some pictures of the beautiful scenery while on their hike.


Hiking buddy Ben! Ben and Darrin have been becoming good friends. Among their love for books, the outdoors and their families, these two have much in common. We are so blessed by the Buskey's friendship with us!

There's the hiker hubby!



The guys hanging out at the campsite.
We survived the weekend without daddy. I braved being home alone one night and one night ONLY! I can't stand to be alone during the night hours so we headed up to Ventura to visit my best friend Amy and her two darling girls. Darrin had the camera so when I get pics from Amy I'll post those. We had a fabulous time with them! Thanks for having us! We all made it home in one piece and then jumped right back into our week!



1 comments:

Bre said...

You are so sweet! It looks like they had fun together! I think we need a girl camping trip... when I say camping I mean a hotel and massage of course!!