A FRIEND FROM ABOVE
I prayed for you before we met,
Not knowing who you'd be.
I asked the Lord to send a friend.
One chosen just for me.
I asked that they'd be Godly,
With wisdom of His ways.
A friend to help and guide me
In the troubles of these days.
So often in life, we need someone
To listen while we talk.
Someone who will not condemn or judge,
But encourage us as we walk.
On this narrow road we choose to follow
Satan and sin can make us stumble.
But to have a friend to catch our fall,
Teaches us to be humble.
When I asked the Lord to send a friend,
Though many came and went.
He gave much more than I ever asked,
For you are the friend He sent.



2 comments:
You made me cry! That was such a sweet poem, and it certainly could be applied right back from me to you as I moved to California without knowing a soul! You have certainly been an answer to many prayers for deep, genuine friendships! I praise the Lord for you and Amy, and consider myself blessed to know both of you! Thank you for your love and care, your listening ear and wise counsel. You're a treasured friend!
Love, Kristin
Hey there! It is nice to see your blog too! It looks like you are doing well!! :)
Did you know I did Amy's flowers too?
Post a Comment