Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The EAM Sister Act

We headed up to Ventura last weekend as the EAM family had two very special birthdays to celebrate. We were so delighted to join in on the fun! Elizabeth turned 4 and Emily turned 1! The party was awesome (super cute butterfly theme) and we are so thankful to have the EAM family in our lives!

As soon as we got there our kid's could be found raiding the snack dishes!
Eric Mukes, proud Daddy of the beautiful sister's
The girl with the chocolate chip cookies and the boy with the berries. There was a jump house and kid's everywhere but these two just stuck to the snacks! In case you are wondering, yes we do feed them!
The kids all got to decorate some butterfly wings of their own. Here are Kaylee's. Benny's looked like a bumble bee but I missed that picture, probably because he screamed whenever I tried to put them on! On the other hand, Kaylee is still wearing hers over a week later! 
Here is birthday girl Emily who turned 1! She is just the sweetest little thing with the most adorable little waddle! 
Enjoying some playtime with her Grandma.
Paul and Darrin, must be discussing some serious toy business.

Amy Mukes, proud Mama, put together some super cute butterfly games. This one was a little lesson about how butterflies undergo metamorphosis and then the kids got to physically act this out! So fun!
Paul Sedy with cutie patootie, Bethany during the game.
Caterpillar Benny in his cocoon.
Now break free butterflies, eat some green leaves and drink some nectar! The kids all ate spinach tortilla's cut into the shape of a leaf (Kaylee cried and said she didn't want to eat a leaf, that's how real they looked to her!) and drank some yummy apple juice from a cup that looked like a flower! Super cute and creative! I wish I had pictures of everything! 
Me and Zachary Sedy! Yay! I got to spend a little bit of time with the 2nd boy in our friendly bunch!
It was mealtime for him so you must pardon his messy face but I sure wanted to gobble him up as my meal! What a treat to see him!
This picture is upside down and unfortunately it looked worse when I rotated it but these were the girls cakes! Elizabeth's butterfly had 4 candles on it and Emily's had 1. Amy did such a great job decorating the cakes! I was impressed! Oh and it also tasted yummy too!
There is Elizabeth, the big birthday girl! Lizzy jumped the entire party in the bounce house, and Kaylee stayed clear of it so I didn't get many pictures of Lizzy. Elizabeth is on the left, a little girl I don't know, Kaylee and then Brianna. Lizzy, Kaylee and Brianna, were all born within 6 months of each other and all of us mommy's were great friends too! I moved away first and then Amy did but we all still keep in touch regularly! I'm so grateful to have gone through my mothering years with such great friends!
Opening up presents. Notice Kaylee still fluttering around with her wings on!
Watching intensely as Lizzy opens her presents.
Kaylee was so happy that Lizzy finally opened up the gift from her! She was so excited to her a present!
A random picture with all of them in it.

Although blurry, you make a face like this in my camera and you get put on my blog Eric! Ha ha! (I'll take it down if you'd like but you'll have to ask! :) ) I'm almost positive you have an even dorkier one of me from the party, I'll keep an eye out on your blog for it, hopefully you'll offer me the same courtesy!!! ( I'm just asking for it, aren't I???)
Driving around in the backyard after the party ended! 

Thanks for inviting us! We had a great time!

0 comments: