For the past 14 yrs, Darrin has worked for a small family owned cemetery. He started when he was in college, took a few years break and then has been back for the last 4 years. These past 4 years have not been too pleasant to say the least. Despite all that he has been through, he continued to persevere and he worked very hard. He literally turned a drab weed garden into a beautiful and colorful garden. Without the help, encouragement or many resources, he has done an amazing job! It is sad to say that after many years of faithful service and beautiful work the cemetery made some "cut backs" and unfortunately Darrin was one of them. Friday was his last day. Though he doesn't have a new job lined up yet (he's been looking/applying since November) we had much reason to celebrate the closing of this chapter of our lives. I know it sounds weird but it really was not a good working environment and so to be finally done is a huge relief in so many ways. There were many times that I counseled him to quit or that he even wanted to walk off the job but he didn't. He stayed until the Lord made it clear that it was time for him to go. I'm very proud of him to say the least. I have a great husband who is so faithful, truthful, solid, strong, driven, wise and sacrificial. I love him! To brag about it some more :) here are a few pictures...
After!
We have more pictures but he doesn't know I'm bragging about him here and I don't even know if he will mind me writing this post so I thought I should have control over my boasting! :) On another note, the job hunt is on and has been for quite some time. To help out with the $ situation I'll be working 4 days a week including daytime hours. I'm so confident that our awesome Lord will provide for all of our needs! On Darrin's last day of work after he got home, I left for my work and when I came home from working I had made $636! I basically took that as the Lord telling me (most of you know that I don't really "hear" the Lord speaking :) )"Monique, I will provide for you!" Thank you Lord!
"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Eph 3:20-21



2 comments:
Darrin is so lucky to have such a wonderful, understanding wife. Tell him good luck on the job search from us. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.
Darrin. The landscaping looks great. Nice job. I like how you can sprinkler water everything and it will grow. Nice to be by the coast.
Post a Comment