
Every year my fabulous friend Kristin makes the most delicious Christmas cookies for her family, her guests and her neighbors to enjoy. I've always wanted to be such a loving wife, mother, friend and neighbor during the Christmas season soooo... I jumped right into the Smith Bakery for 2 days... straight! With the help of great recipes and many phone calls I accomplished this task and I must say it was sooooo fun! I have always intended on getting around to baking goodies for friends and neighbors but I've always failed to do it the first year that we lived in our home. I thought it would have been odd to my neighbors if I just randomly started giving out cookies after I had ignored them the previous years. Well this is our first Christmas in our new home and thus we have new neighbors so I'm joining Kristin in her tradition of giving the family, friends and neighbors yummy treats.
The rest of the pics are for you Kristin!
Just the start of the decorating.

Then it was Kaylee's turn.

Yea... it was just a little messy, thanks for the warning!
I think she used every kind of sprinkle and just poured them straight on her cookies.
A shot of our different designs.
We are really looking forward to passing out our treats to our neighbors tomorrow! Don't you wish you were our neighbor? Kidding! Thanks Kristin for all the help and I want to see pictures of yours too! Love ya!
3 comments:
Great Fun! Love making cookies with the kids...and for the neighbors!
Thanks for the pictures! You did a GREAT job! The ones of Kaylee made me laugh...at least I did warn you about the mess!
I'm so excited that you wanted to bake cookies. Thanks for the honor of using my recipes, and for trusting my forgetful mind in guiding you through! You are very patient! Even though we couldn't do it together physically, it's been fun to do it together over the miles through phone calls! Your final plate for delivery looks beautiful! It's going to be such a blessing to your neighbors and your family and you start this new tradition!
We'll talk again soon! Enjoy the fruit of your labors!
Love,
Kristin
What a fun tradition! And such great looking cookies you made! You are so good, I won't get to making cookies til this weekend! Maybe you could share some recipes! :)
Post a Comment