Thursday, September 18, 2008

My day today!

It was a crazy one! Most of the morning the kid's were either touching things they shouldn't touch, taking toys from each other, hitting or pushing each other, crying, not listening to a word I said and most certainly disobeying a ton! All of this taking place before 9:30am!
Now in attempt to rid us of the chaos I decided the kids would enjoy a short morning out at the lake but since the disobeying continued it ended up being too late to go without a lunch so then I found myself packing a lunch with two screaming kids and then I just wanted to scream! But I quickly realized that I'd be acting just like they were so I decided not to scream. Good idea right? I separated them until I was ready to go and that seemed to help for about 5 min until my sneaky son started in on his sister again but luckily I was ready to strap them into the stroller and head out! Aaaah! They were both very peaceful and content at the lake so my mission was accomplished! :) Benny fell asleep on the way home so when we actually got home I just laid him right down for his happy nap and sure enough he was poopy! So I did what any good mommy would do and let him sleep in it! Yuck! I know, poor kid. So as I sit here typing he just started to cry about 1 1/2 hours too early so I ran in and grabbed him before his cry of "Yucky mommy" wakes up his sister. He is now on my lap and won't let me change him with out screaming since he is still so tired. Now sissy walks in my bedroom door and boy oh boy where did my quiet time of the day disappear to! At least there were a few moments of peace! So let the pictures of our peaceful time at the lake begin!
Feeding the ducks!
So happy!
My attempt at a picture of two kid's smiling
Attempt number 2
Benny throwing bread.
Looking at some ducks fly
Our sweet little turtle came to visit too!

On top of the rocks

Getting ready to eat our lunch
Kaylee naturally sat down like this. I love it!
PB&J are the best!

Here is a little video of the kid's feeding the ducks! (** pause music down at the bottom of this page before viewing)

To finish my story from above, I finally changed his diaper and he was still super fussy so I just put him back in his crib. Now he is quiet and may be falling asleep again... that's how I was able to finish this post. Oh yes I also just gave Kaylee a bottle of lotion to keep her quiet and occupied while I blog. I certainly have my priorities straight don't I! Well she did ask for lotion so I better run before I find it all over the house! I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday!

3 comments:

Nyla said...

Looks like fun...sounds like it was a hard morning! Hope it is better tomorrow!

Rachel said...

Looks like the Lake was fun!

Crysti & Jerome said...

I can't wait to have my own squirming, crazy, messy bundles of joy! :-) *Can you special order them so that they already know how to pee in the toilet and wash their hands after?