Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We love this holiday! It's a no pressure, hang out and have some fun day and we did just that!
We took it easy this morning and here is Benny playing with Daddy's head light.
Here is Kaylee's good morning afro!
Then we headed to the pool for some good old fun in the sun on 4th of July.



Then it was off to Brent and Susan's house for some yummy dinner with the Rouse family too. The kids enjoyed some fun with toys and water in the back yard.




The guys chatting.
A little craft time too. Nothing fancy just markers and paper. I think Darrin had the kids drawing fireworks.
Then we headed over to RSM lake for some awesome fireworks.


Here is the whole gang!
The boy's sporting red, white and blue clothes.
Silly kiddo's! I love this picture!
Me and The Rouse's daughter Lexi. She liked sitting in my lap as we waited for the fireworks to start any minute!
Looking up, up, up!



The Pearson's. Their youngest son Owen on the left was super excited about the fireworks and he just couldn't stop clapping and squealing. He was super cute.
The crazy family picture! Don't we look sooo wonderful? Had to post it for some good laughs. Benny was super tired and Kaylee thought the fireworks were too loud. What party poopers! :)
Looking up, up, up!
Benny about to pass out during the loud show.
These were the best fireworks I've ever seen! Last night July 3rd, we walked down to the lake and almost every square inch of the grass was covered with tarps, blankets, towels etc. People were reserving their spots that early! So we jumped on the reserve wagon and left a few old towels out all night and they sure did hold our place. No one had moved them! I couldn't believe it and now I know why you must mark your spot. It was soooo packed but soooo worth it as it really was the best fireworks show I've ever seen! There was something about the music that went along with the fireworks and the lights reflecting off of the lake and all of us friends together, cuddling with our children in our laps. It was very special indeed! We had so much fun and truly are so thankful for our Independence that our forefathers fought so hard for. We are also so thankful for the freedom we have from sin through Christ's death on the cross. Anyway I hope you had a blast today too!





4 comments:

Rachel said...

ha ha... my dad has that headlamp and he wore it tonight!

Unknown said...

yay! so much fun. we love you guys!

Nyla said...

I wrote about the same thing...I loved the music this year...and felt the fireworks were the best ever! I just love this holiday! Your pictures are great!

Nyla said...

Monique- no one is going to the beach on Tuesd. night...we are going during hte day. Let me know if you want directions...to the beach.